Monday, July 2, 2012

Hip, Smart and Unapologetic

What has happened to us?  Why are we so content to accept the status quo?  Why do we just allow ourselves to be spoon fed our news, opinions, and entertainment?  I mean seriously Casey Anthony was found not guilty but we're shocked that Roger Clemens walked?  What good comes from tearing down Lance Armstrong?  I don't know if he took PEDs and I don't care.  Strip the man of his Tour de France titles and you still have the fact the he beat brain, lung and testicular cancer!!!  Normally one of these is a 50/50 but all three has to be considered a death sentence.  Health care passed, and now the whole country faces the reality that citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have been living with since 2006.. yet suddenly it means the end of all things?!?  Why doesn't anyone seem to know why the power went out in D.C. over the weekend or when it will be restored??  Why is it ok for the government to force me to have car insurance and homeowners insurance but not health insurance?  Or what gives the government the authority to force me to have any insurance at all?  Why do we worry so much about children's self esteem when we live in a world that doesn't care about any of us?

Have you heard of Ryda Tha Surgeon??  Have you listened to The Thread?  Have you had the chance to taste Smokkin Hoggz?  Have you seen Dave Novin do stand up?  Have you been to a Fevah Dream show? Have you heard of The Machine Jesse Green?  Do you follow Professor Awesome on Twitter?  I am not above a few shameless plugs for my friends because I think that they are hip, smart and unapologetic.

I am only 36 and I hate the fact that I have heard myself say that things were better when I was...  what a crock of crap.  Things have never been better than now.  That's not because I am simple or super content.  It's because the past is over and tomorrow is not guaranteed.  All the great themes haven't been turned into theme parks.  There are still people to look up to granted it takes more time to find them.  We only get to take so many trips around the sun.  Cheers!!  The BBQ is on, the beer is cold, and I hope that if I don't see you soon that I see you down the road!!!  At the very least you should check out my friends, I know you won't be disappointed.

Well, if you are still reading this then you obviously have as much time on your hands as I do, and if that's the case, then you have my sympathies.

No comments:

Post a Comment